2016 Grants Awarded
- Arts & Culture: The Foundation intends to award $10,000 grants to arts organizations for capacity building projects that improve the infrastructure of organizations, with an emphasis on increasing next generation participation in organization's activities. Examples include: a) software and/or hardware technology that will integrate and/or enhance ticketing/box office functionality for mobile and tablet devices; b) integration of ticketing/box office and/or accounting systems with customer relationship management databases to target young donors more effectively; c) consulting work to increase website capability using new technologies to increase next generation participation
- Education: The Foundation wishes to encourage internships at nonprofits for college undergraduate and/or graduate students (grants distributed in 2016 may be utilized for 2017 internships as needed). We encourage nonprofits to provide an above minimum wage stipend to interns. Average size grants in this area of focus are $5,000 each.
- Environment: (All requests should include an eco-systems management approach) The Foundation supports science-based work to improve the Oregon and San Francisco Bay marine systems through protection, planning, and/or restoration. Examples include: a) studying and mitigating climate change and how it affects marine life, shoreline erosion, coastal flooding, and/or water pollution; b) protecting and restoring tidal wetlands; and/or c) estuary restoration.
- Health & Human Services: The Foundation supports programs or services that improve our elderly population's ability to live in their own home and community safely, independently, and comfortably. Example programs or services might include: meals or grocery shopping assistance, rides to appointments, home modifications, assistive technologies, etc.
- Columbia Land Trust, Vancouver, WA. Support Upper Elochoman River Project. $5,000.
- First Graduate, San Francisco, CA. Support two develpment/technology interns. $4,800.
- Friends of Saturday Academy, Portland, OR. Support for two nonprofit management interns. $5,000.
- Friends of the Children Portland, Portland, OR. Support for an educational strategist internship. $5,000.
- Greater Farallones Association, San Francisco, CA. Support for Beach Watch coastal monitoring program. $5,000.
- Impact NW, Portland, OR. Support for senior services. $7,000.
- Lan Su Chinese Garden, Portland, OR. System updates to point of sale and customer relationship database, $5,000.
- Meals on Wheels, Portland, OR. Support to purchase food for senior food programs, $7,000.
- Oregon Children's Theatre, Portland, OR. Redesign of website to include full mobile capabilities, $5,000.
- Oregon Environmental Council, Portland, OR. Support for an equity intern forcused on environmental justice. $5,000.
- Oregon Mesa Program at Portland State University Foundation, Portland, OR. Support for an intern to provide college access programming. $5,000.
- Redfish Rock Community Team/The Ocean Foundation, Port Orford, OR. Support to collaborate with OSU to monitor ocean acidification. $5,000.
- San Francisco Marin Food Bank, San Francisco, CA. Support for senior food assistance programs. $7,000.
- Second Harvest Food Bank of Santa Clara and San Mateo Counties, San Jose, CA. $5,000.
- The Nature Conservancy in Oregon, Portland, OR. Support to acquire 95 acres as part of the Coquille River Project. $10,000.
- Willamette University, Salem, OR. Support for an MBA student internship at Mercy Corps NW for the Community Investment Trust project. $6,600.
- Young Audiences of Oregon & SW Washington, OR. Develop & implement digital donations platform for Run for the Arts, $10,000.