How to Submit an LOI
Unsolicited LOIs are accepted in the Education and Arts & Culture focuses only
Your Letter of Inquiry narrative (Attachment 1) should be no longer than two pages and minimally address the following:
Attachment 1 (LOI Narrative - 2 pages maximum):
- Grant amount requested.
- A description of the project for which support is being requested. Include a discussion of the factors that contribute to the need or opportunity for the project, the importance of the project for your organization and your constituency, and the level and nature of commitment of staff and board to the project.
- Any religious affiliations or curriculum required for services.
- For project funding requests: A proposed project budget, identify line items that you are asking the Foundation to fund.
- For general operating support requests: State general operating support budget for the fiscal year for which you are requesting funds.
- Funding sources: List of pending, committed, and declined sources of support as related to your request. Please include dollar amount of requests and/or support received by each funder's name.
Approximately one month following the LOI deadline, the Foundation will notify you via email as to whether you are invited to participate in the next phase of the granting process. That notification will include deadlines and a link to the rest of the granting process.
J.W. & H.M. Goodman Foundation/1001 NW Lovejoy Street, #1510/Portland, OR 97209
© Copyright 2001-2021