Grants Awarded Main Page
2020 Funding Focuses:
- Arts & Culture: The Foundation intends to award one year grants of up to $10,000 each to nonprofits that provide music lessons for underprivileged youth in K-12 grades who don't have access. Priority will be given to programs that: follow/track their students through multiple years, have the ability to work with students from different cultures, and provide free education or scholarships to participate.
- Environment: The Foundation intends to award $10,000 grants to nonprofits working to mitigate the effects of climate change. Our priority is focused on projects that create healthy resilient forests and/or watersheds that maintain or increase biodiversity. Projects should be located in the San Francisco Bay Area or in Western Oregon.
- Education: The Foundation intends to award grants for paid internships at nonprofits for college undergraduate and/or graduate students (grants distributed in 2020 may be utilized for 2021 internships as needed). These internships must provide an above minimum wage stipend. The internship experience should include enrichment opportunities which may include skill building, visibility into how a nonprofit functions, peer networking, professional seminars, capstone project/report, etc. Average size grants in this area of focus are $5,000-$8,000 per internship. You are welcome to request funding for more than one internship in an application.
- Health & Human Services: The Foundation intends to award grants to nonprofits with case management programs or services for low-income Seniors (65+ years of age) living in diverse communities. Priority will be given to grant applications with a main focus on financial and/or housing insecurity. Examples include educational programs and planning, legal assistance, needs assessments, advocacy, and facilitation/coordination enrolling in/accessing government programs.
Spring Grants Awarded in 2020:
- Audubon California/Richardson Bay Audubon Center & Sanctuary, San Francisco, CA. General operating support, $7,500.
- Ecotrust, Portland, OR. General operating support, $7,500.
- Ethos, Inc., Portland, OR. General operating support, $3,500.
- Friends of the Urban Forest, San Francisco, CA. General operating support, $4,500.
- Luther Burbank Memorial Foundation, Santa Rosa, CA. General operating support, $8,000.
- Metropolitan Youth Symphony, Portland, OR. General operating support, $10,000.
- Oregon Coast Youth Symphony Festival, Newport, OR. General operating support, $5,000.
- Save The Bay, San Francisco, CA. General operating support, $7,500
- The Mr. Holland's Opus Foundation, Studio City, CA. General operating support, $8,000.
- Wild Salmon Center, Portland, OR. General operating support, $7,500.
Previous Grant Awards
J.W. & H.M. Goodman Foundation/PO Box 5756/Portland, OR/97228-5756
© Copyright 2001-2020