2002 Grants Awarded
- Asian Art Museum of San Francisco, San Francisco, CA. For construction or operating support of the new Asian Art Museum being built at the former Main Library at the Civic Center complex in San Francisco. $2,500.
- Jackson Bottom Wetlands Preserve, Hillsboro, OR. To support construction of the Wetlands Education Center for science education programs. $5,000.
- Northwest Children's Theater and School, Portland, OR. For an Outreach Program that provides free tickets to productions for underserved schools and free theater arts classes at schools and youth programs which do not have funding for such programs. $5,000.
- 1000 Friends of Oregon, Portland, OR. To conserve and protect Oregon's natural resources. $2,500.
- Oregon Food Bank, Portland, OR. To support Harvest Share and Community Basket supplemental food programs. $5,000.
- Oregon Trout, Portland, OR. A multi-year grant to support the continuation and expansion of the Salmon Watch(R) education program. $10,000 per year for three years.
- Phillips Academy Andover, Andover, MA. A full year scholarship for one student in the Math and Science for Minority Students Outreach Program (MS2). $4,700.
- Saturday Academy, Beaverton, OR. To support four high school apprenticeship positions for one year in the Apprenticeships in Science and Engineering (ASE) Program. $10,800.
- Stanford Hospital and Clinics, Stanford, CA. To support the construction of a new Cancer Center and a new Ambulatory Care Center. $5,000.
2002 Discretionary Grants Awarded
- Good Shepherd Center for Homeless Women, Los Angeles, CA. $1,000.
- People Assisting The Homeless (P.A.T.H.), Los Angeles, CA. $2,000.
- Plugged In, East Palo Alto, CA. $1,000.
- Portland Art Museum, Portland, OR. $1,000.
- Self Enhancement Inc., Portland, OR. $1,000.
- The Imagine Bus Project, Sausalito, CA. $1,000.