2011 Grant Awards
- Arts & Culture: Cultural Preservation.
- Education: Hands on science & technology education for high school students outside of the classroom.
- Environment: Support coastal & marine spatial planning projects to ensure that we are protecting our marine environment in California and Oregon while balancing economic opportunities within local communities.
- Health & Human Services: Support nonprofits that work to prevent obesity in children through wellness programs. We are specifically targeting programs that serve families in underserved communities.
- Bienestar, Hillsboro, OR. To support a Fitness/Nutrition Program Coordinator. $5,000.
- Boys & Girls Clubs of the Peninsula, Menlo Park, CA. STEM enrichment programs for high school age youth. $5,000.
- Columbia Gorge Ecology Institute, Hood River, OR. Gorge explorers program - high school student mentors. $5,000.
- Compass Family Services, San Francisco, CA. To promote healthy eating and fitness at Compass Children's Center. $2,500.
- Confluence Project, Vancouver, WA. General operating support. $5,000.
- Ecotrust, Portland, OR. To enhance Oregon MarineMap project and the use of the tool in development of Oregon Territorial Sea Plan. $10,000.
- Friends of the Children, Portland, OR. To support Healthy Food Project. $2,500.
- Golden Gate Audubon Society, Berkeley, CA. General operating support for San Francisco South Waterfront Project. $5,000.
- Lane Coalition for Healthy Active Youth, Eugene, OR. General operating support. $5,000.
- Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership, Portland, OR. Outdoor environmental stewardship program for high school students. $5,500.
- Montalvo Arts Center, Saratoga, CA. Spanish courtyard restoration project. $5,000.
- Oregon Shores Conservation Coalition, Seal Rock, OR. General operating support of Oceans Program. $5,000.
- Port Orford Ocean Resource Team, Port Orford, OR. Support for an intern doing marine spatial planning work. $5,000.
- Sacred Heart Community Service, San Jose, CA. General operating support for Healthy Families Project. $5,000.
- Salem-Keizer Education Foundation, Salem, OR. To support expansion of wellness programs at Waldo Middle School. $5,000.
- San Jose Museum of Quilts and Textiles, San Jose, CA. Preservation assessment project. $5,000.
- Saturday Academy, Portland, OR. Apprenticeships in science & engineering program. $5,000.
- Sheridan High School, Sheridan, OR. LEGO robotics equipment. $2,500.
- Somos Mayfair, San Jose, CA. General operating support for Healthy Kids, Healthy Schools Project. $5,000.
- The Nature Conservancy of Oregon, Portland, OR. To support the development of ecological data for the MarineMap tool and provide technical guidance in coastal community meetings. $10,000.
2011 Discretionary Grants Awarded
- No discretionary grants were awarded.
J.W. & H.M. Goodman Foundation/1001 NW Lovejoy Street, #1510/Portland, OR 97209
© Copyright 2001-2020