2014 Grant Awards
- Arts & Culture: The Foundation wishes to support capacity building projects to improve the infrastructure of arts organization. Examples: building and implementing evaluation and assessment systems, develop individual and organizational skills across operational areas such as internal governance and leadership, strategic planning, professional development, financial and resource management or development, membership development, marketing efforts through creation of branding strategies, information technology training and software, and social media training.
- Education: Fund internships for college undergraduate or graduate students at nonprofits.
- Environment: For Oregon projects: Support work to improve marine systems and reserves through protection, planning, and community engagement. For California projects: Support work to improve the San Francisco Bay estuary ecosystem through science based research, protection, and/or restoration.
- Health & Human Services: The Foundation is focused on improving access to affordable, healthful foods for low-income populations. We are looking to fund comprehensive programs that address 3 critical components: access, education and affordability.
- Art in Action, Menlo Park, CA. Support for website redesign and enhanced online e-commerce tools, $10,000.
- Columbia Land Trust, Vancouver, WA. Support for the Columbia River Estuary Protection Project, $9,000.
- Farallones Marine Sanctuary, San Francisco, CA. Support for the Bay Watch Program, $9,000.
- Friends of Saturday Academy, Portland, OR. Support for two college interns, $5,000.
- Friends of the Children, Portland, OR. Support for communications intern, $5,500.
- Friends of Zenger Farms, Portland, OR. Discretionary grant to honor our volunteer Susan Kenney, $500.
- Girls Inc. of Alameda County, Oakland, CA. Support for evaluation internship program, $5,000.
- Grow Portland, Portland, OR. General operating support for community farming project, $7,000.
- Growing Gardens, Portland, OR. Support for Stephens Crossing Project, $7,000.
- Janus Youth, Portland, OR. Support for Village Marketplace Project, $5,000.
- Literary Arts, Portland, OR. Support to build and roll-out Audio Archive Project, $10,000.
- Lower Columbia River Estuary Partnership, Portland, OR. Support for Multnomah and Wahkeena Creeks Stewardship Project, $5,000.
- Oregon Children's Foundation dba SMART, Portland, OR. Support for graphic design intern, $3,500.
- Oregon Public Broadcasting, Portland, OR. Discretionary grant to honor our volunteer Patricia Rau, $1000.
- Planting Justice, Oakland, CA. Support for Education Program, $5,000.
- Portland Fruit Tree Project, Portland, OR. Support for 2015 Fruit Tree Stewardship Program, $8,000.
- San Francisco Baykeeper, San Francisco, CA. Support for Photo mapping project, $5,000.
- Save the Bay, Oakland, CA. Support for community-based restoration project, $5,000.
- Stand for Children Leadership Center, Portland, OR. Discretionary grant to honor our volunteer Susan Kenney, $500.
- Virginia Garcia Memorial Foundation, Cornelius, OR. Support for Wellness Program, $5,000.
- Willamette University, Salem, OR. Support for business school intern at Mercy Corps., $6,000.
- Young Audiences of Oregon & SW Washington, Portland, OR. Support for technology upgrades to improve efficiency of operations and accounting system. $10,000.
J.W. & H.M. Goodman Foundation/1001 NW Lovejoy Street, #1510/Portland, OR 97209
© Copyright 2001-2020